Alicia Sullivan chats with us about flipping our perspective, resetting mid-year, and having the tough conversations.'The most important part of the work that I do is supporting teachers to flip their perspective.' - @writes_olutions from episode 149 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 0:50 – Highlighting our friend, Tim Cavey of www.teachersonfire.net.
- 5:48 – Previewing the episode with Alicia Sullivan.
- 8:11 – Alicia introduces herself.
- 9:59 – Alicia’s failure: Realizing she had to have tough conversations with people.
- 14:30 – Alicia’s success: Completely resetting her classroom mid-year.
- 19:37 – What’s keeping Alicia excited about education right now: Helping teachers learn how to differentiate. Reciprocal Teaching & Resources. DI Math.
- 24:16 – Alicia’s advice for teachers: Go slow to go fast.
- 26:36 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:05 – How to connect with Alicia.
- EdTech Tool: Google Keep
- Book: “Sharp Objects” by Gillian Flynn.
- Who to Follow on Social Media:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Responsive Classroom
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: A set schedule to arrive and leave, that honors your life outside of school.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You can’t do it all, and do it all well. Be intentional about how you choose to use your energy.
Links to Connect With Alicia
- Website: writesolutions.org
- Twitter: @writes_olutions
- Facebook Page: facebook.com/writesolutions4teachers
- Instagram: @writesolutions
- TPT Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Write-Solutions