Alex Oris is a Technology Integration Specialist at Cuyahoga Falls City Schools in Ohio. He chats with us about using technology in schools, adjusting the way we think about our approach to PD and teaching, and how things changed when he decided to give up control and give students more ownership.
Alex shares his experiences from 11 years in the classroom and 5 years supporting teachers. Alex talks about giving up control, transforming students from consumers to creators, and where our future leaders are.
More at www.teachbetter.com/podcast/alexoris
- 3:50 – Alex introduces himself.
- 5:10 – Alex’s failure.
- 11:42 – Alex’s success.
- 16:24 – What’s got Alex excited about education right now.
- 22:15 – Alex’s advice to new teachers.
- 25:29 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 27:54 – How to connect with Alex.
- EdTech Tool: Screencastify
- Book: “Lead… for God’s Sake” by Todd Gongwer
- Who to Follow: @JakeMillerTech (#EduGif Guy)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Gerry Brooks
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Reflection. Don’t just move on. Always think about how that went.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: If you’re leaving tired, then you’re doing all the work. at the end of the day, when you walk out to your car and your students get on the bus, they should be the ones tired.
Links to Connect With Alex