Principal, author, Ron Clark Academy Alum, and “chameleon,” Adam Dovico, talks to us about thinking on your feet, doing whatever is needed, and why he’s excited for the movement toward student-centered learning.
Adam discusses why you need to come to peace with not getting everything done by the time you leave each day, how his district is rolling out their own Amazing Shake Challenge, and encourages us all to take risks, break the script, and try something new.
- 2:39 – Adam introduces himself.
- 4:49 – Adam’s failure.
- 7:48 – Adam’s success.
- 9:58 – Adam discusses how his district set up their Amazing Shake Challenge.
- 14:00 – What’s got Adam excited right now in education: The movement toward student-centered learning.
- 18:20 – Adam’s advice to new teachers:Break the script. Try something new.
- 20:44 – Things Adam has seen in classrooms that are truly unique.
- 22:28 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 25:38 – How to connect with Adam.
- EdTech Tool: Goose Chase
- Book: “Talk To Me” by Kim Bearden
- Who to Follow: Danny Steele (@SteeleThoughts)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Laura Berg on YouTube (Laura Berg Life)
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Do something that has absolutely nothing to do with your job.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: If you’re making everyone happy, you’re doing something wrong.
Links to Connect With Adam
- Website: www.insidetrenches.com
- Twitter: @adamdovico
- Facebook Page: Adam Dovico
- Instagram: @adamdovico
- Hashtags to Follow: #LimitlessSchool #InsideTrenches #MooreTogether