Elementary School Principal, Aaron Else, chats with us about being an optimist, focusing on giving students what they need to grow, and why the secret to life is in the clichés.
Aaron shares how their school is focused on a culture of taking risks and doing what’s right for kids, the power of asking questions, and why you should love Mondays.'We're gonna get the best out of everything we do every day.' - @PrincipalElse from episode 140 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 1:22 – Chatting about some of the great conferences we’re headed to soon.
- 6:34 – Previewing the episode with Aaron Else.
- 10:13 – Aaron introduces himself.
- 11:46 – Aaron’s failure: Thinking he knew it all.
- 14:36 – Aaron’s success: Building a culture of taking risk.
- 16:32 – Talking more about the House System in Aaron’s school.
- 19:30 – What’s keeping Aaron excited about education right now: Where education is heading.
- 22:00 – Aaron’s advice for teachers: Don’t be “23 year old me.” Ask questions.
- 25:40 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:19 – How to connect with Aaron
- EdTech Tool: Twitter
- Book: “Call Sign Chaos” by General Mattis.
- Who to Follow on Instagram:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Journaling. Reflection is key to learning. Stop. Reflect. Journal. Reflect some more.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “The secret to life is in the cliches.” – Aaron’s Mom.
Links to Connect With Aaron
- Twitter: @PrincipalElse