Middle school language arts teach, and founder of Teachonomy, Chuck poole, shares stories from his 19 years of experience.
Chuck talks about how a failure as a coach lead him to make invaluable changes in his classroom, instilling a mindset of family and allowing his students to take ownership of their learning. Most importantly, Chuck reminds us all that we are enough; no one brings exactly what you do to the classroom.
- 2:01 – Chuck describes himself.
- 5:10 – Chuck’s failure.
- 11:22 – Chuck’s success.
- 15:32 – What Chuck is excited about in eduction right now.
- 18:20 – Chuck’s advice for new teachers.
- 21:12 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 25:48 – 2 minute overview of Chuck’s “UN-Series” books.
- 27:27 – How to connect with Chuck.
- EdTech Tool: Insert Learning (Google Chrome Extension)
- Book: “Drive” by Daniel Pink
- Who to Follow: Jeff and Rae (of course!). Jennifer Gonzalez (@cultofpedagogy), Spiri Howard (@itsmeSpiri), Dr. Mary Howard (@DrMaryHoward)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Crash Course and Ted ED
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Set goals. Chuck does them daily, weekly, and monthly, using the “Rule of 3’s”
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Remain humble, and remember your roots.
Links to Connect With Chuck
- Website: www.teachonomy.com or www.unseries.com
- Twitter: @cpoole27
- Facebook Page: Teachonomy
- Instagram: @teachonomy
- YouTube: Teachonomy