As the school year comes to a close, we can all agree that we are exhausted mentally and physically. This past year and a half has been difficult in many ways and every educator’s mental health has been affected. Just the other day, I was telling a staff member that COVID has made even the easiest decisions much harder. With this in mind, how are we taking care of ourselves? This week’s guest, Dan Tricarico shares how he uses the 5 “S”s, Which are stillness, silence, space, subtraction, and slowing down, to improve his mental health.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Leaders Can Improve Their Staff’s Mental Health
- Strategies for Social Media
- Ways to Balancing Stress
- And Dan’s Book, “The Zen Teacher”
About Dan Tricarico:
Dan Tricarico, CEO of The Zen Professional, teaches people how to maximize their performance without sacrificing themselves. As a national speaker, author of two top stress management books, and creator of The Zen Professional 5-Step Blueprint for stress reduction, Tricarico now shares his expertise and insight by showing harried professionals how to thrive both inside and outside the workplace. He has been featured in Fast Company Magazine, EduTopia, California Educator, and Teacher2Teacher, as well as having guested on many business and educational podcasts.
Follow Dan Tricarico:
- Website: www.thezenteacher.com and www.thezenprofessional.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thezenteacher
- Instagram: @zenteacher
- Facebook: Dan Tricarico
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-tricarico-a8378710/
- On-line courses: www.zenprocourses.com Code: “Teacher” for $10 Off
Are you a superfan of the Aspire podcast? Well, now you can show off your support with the new Aspire swag, featuring tee shirts, hoodies and a variety of drinkware. You can find all your Aspire Swag at www.teachbetter.com/swag
Use Discount Code: ASPIRE for 25% OFF
Tee-Shirts, Hoodies, and Drinkware: ASPIRE: The Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Watch my session on Trauma Informed, restorative and social emotional practices at www.teachsummit.com/stamper
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help me reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.