Have you ever interviewed for a job only to find you were not selected for the position? This experience can be extremely painful and defeating. This week’s guest, Tim Cavey, shares how he overcame the disappointment, changed his mindset, and advanced to the next level.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- The Key Aspects of Administration
- Unexpected Challenges of Teaching and Leading
- Tips to Balance Work and Family
- And the “Teachers on Fire” Podcast
About Tim Cavey:
Tim Cavey is a husband, stepfather of two, 8th grade teacher, and assistant principal in Vancouver, Canada. In 2019, he completed a Master’s in Educational Leadership degree that reignited his fire for teaching and put him on a new path of growth, professional reflection, and content creation. Tim is a firm believer in the growth mindset and advocates often for the kinds of informal professional learning that can be found on social media and in blogs, vlogs, or podcasts. When he’s not creating content or spending time with his family, you’ll find Tim hiking, flying his drone, or paddleboarding in the chilly waters of the Pacific northwest.
Follow Tim Cavey:
Twitter: @TeachersOnFire https://twitter.com/TeachersOnFire
Instagram: @TeachersOnFire https://www.instagram.com/teachersonfire/
Other: Teachers on Fire Magazine
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help me reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.