What role and impact does your school culture have within your building? This week’s guest, Darrin Peppard, shares how the culture created by the leaders in the building impacts every aspect of the school, which could lead down the road to awesome!
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of knowing the logistical management and the instructional development
- Surprises as a Superintendent
- How to improve your leadership skills through coaching
- And Darrin’s new book, Road to Awesome!
About Darrin Peppard:
Darrin Peppard is a keynote speaker, author, publisher and consultant focused on what matters most in leadership. Darrin is an expert in school culture and climate as well as coaching and growing emerging leaders. He is known for his keen insight, culture-first leadership style, and dynamic personality.
In 2016, Darrin was named Wyoming Secondary School Principal of the Year by WASSP/NASSP and was the 2015 Jostens Renaissance Educator of the Year. In 2017, Darrin earned his Doctorate Degree in Educational Leadership from the University of Wyoming. In the summer of 2019, Darrin was inducted into the Jostens Renaissance Hall of Fame.
Darrin shares his experiences from over 25 years in education, specifically those learned as an education leader during the past 13 years. As a ‘recovering’ high school principal, Darrin talks about lessons learned and effective strategies to help leaders of all experience levels become more effective at their craft.
Follow Darrin Peppard
- Website: www.darrinmpeppard.com & www.roadtoawesome.net
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DarrinMPeppard (@DarrinMPeppard)
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/darrinmpeppard/?hl=en (@darrinmpeppard)
- Facebook: Darrin M Peppard & Road to Awesome, LLC (page)
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrin-m-peppard-ed-d-29a7a147/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6WkYpIkcDAAItdZdM02wRg
Are you a superfan of the Aspire podcast? Well, now you can show off your support with the new Aspire swag, featuring tee shirts, hoodies and a variety of drinkware. You can find all your Aspire Swag at www.teachbetter.com/swag
Use Discount Code: ASPIRE for 25% OFF
Tee-Shirts, Hoodies, and Drinkware: ASPIRE: The Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Watch my session on Trauma Informed, restorative and social emotional practices at www.teachsummit.com/stamper
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
I want to give a huge shout out to those who have taken the time to provide a review on Apple, Spotify or any other podcast platform. It truly means the world to me that you would take the 30- 90 seconds to share how the podcast has positively impacted you or why other educators should check out the show. I really appreciate the reviews and to show some love to those listeners that have taken the extra time.