How do we dismantle barriers that exclude, recognize past trauma, and identify resources for those in need? This week’s guest, Marisol Quevedo Rerucha, shares how implementing restorative practices changed student behaviors, connected the community and recognized each person.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of Morning Check Ins
- Restorative practices and circles
- Collective agreements
- And Marisol’s new book, Beyond the Surface of Restorative Practices
I'm listening to the #AspireLead podcast featuring the author of Beyond the Surface of Restorative Practices, Marisol Quevedo Rerucha! Click To Tweet
About Marisol Quevedo Rerucha:
Marisol Quevedo Rerucha, author of Beyond the Surface of Restorative Practices: Building a Culture of Equity, Connection and Healing, serves as the Chief of Strategy and Partnerships for the National Parents Union. As a former teacher, principal, and district leader she uses her voice to challenge systems of oppression and more importantly amplifies the voices of others. The impact of her passion, experience, work, and voice is felt beyond her own community as she serves in the following ways as: Director of Culture and Community for DBC Inc; Chair of UnidosUS National Institute for Latino School Leaders alumni council; as the Chief Financial Officer and Board Member of Youth Empowerments Finest; and as a partner consultant with nonprofit, for profit and educational systems.
Follow Marisol Quevedo Rerucha
- Website: https://marisolrerucha.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarisolRerucha
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marisolrerucha/
- Facebook: @marisolrerucha
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marisol-quevedo-rerucha-b3ba0093/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeoTE9V-rbZgSENDrJBa9A
- LinkTree: https://linktr.ee/marisolrerucha
Are you a superfan of the Aspire podcast? Well, now you can show off your support with the new Aspire swag, featuring tee shirts, hoodies and a variety of drinkware. You can find all your Aspire Swag at www.teachbetter.com/swag
Use Discount Code: ASPIRE for 25% OFF
Tee-Shirts, Hoodies, and Drinkware: ASPIRE: The Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Watch my session on Trauma Informed, restorative and social emotional practices at www.teachsummit.com/stamper
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help me reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.