In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome guest co-hosts, Sarah Kiefer and Laura Counts to share how they have formed a fantastic working relatsionship in their school building that has led to outstanding student achievement.
Laura is a 4th gr teacher and showed her students a photo of kids sitting around a radio learning back in the early days of polio. This sparked an unplanned activity! Laura asked Sarah to come in and go over pros/cons of various tech tools and then supported a couple of students who chose to do a newscast & needed to use a new program in order to accomplish what they set out to. A very successful co-teaching tech plan.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts about this great book, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
About Our Guests
After teaching in the classroom for 14 years, Sarah moved into her current role as a Technology Integration Specialist for the Ross Local School District. The past 4 years have been an amazing adventure where she works with teachers and students supporting all of their tech needs. Sarah loves educational technology & helping teachers & students include technology in meaningful ways. She is a Google Certified Innovator, Trainer & Educator, as well as a wife, mom to 3 girls, and 2 pups. You can read her blog www.TechYouCanDo.com which she tries to publish weekly. Be sure to check out the TYCD: Resources section … a weekly share out of various resources for you to try. Finally, Sarah & her colleague, Beth Kingsley created www.TemplatesForTeachers.com to share out their Google templates for ALL teachers. You can also find Sarah on Twitter & Wakelet @kiefersj.
I am a mom of three humans and two dogs. I’ve been teaching for 9 years. This year I was given the opportunity to loop with my third graders…we’ve been tackling fourth grade together! I LOVE learning and growing with my students. I am an avid reader and a huge growth mindset advocate! Twitter: @mrskidscount
Contact The Podcast!
Follow Our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow Our Hosts
Join Our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
Need A Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!